Sunday, November 2, 2008

Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole

I think my mom came up with this recipe. I love Chicken Cordon Bleu but it often takes more effort than I want to put forth. This recipe is quick and easy and tastes so good. It is a regular on my dinner rotation.
1 ½ C dry rice (combine with 3 C water and bring to a boil. Turn heat to low, cover and cook for 20 minutes)
Put rice in a sprayed 9 x 13 pan
Top with salt and pepper, cooked diced chicken, (I use one chicken breast) diced ham and grated Swiss cheese(I used the cheese slices cause that is what I had. I do prefer the grated though)

Mix Together:
1 can cream of chicken soup
½-1 C sour cream
splash of lemon juice
splash or two of milk to desired consistency
Pour over top and cook 350 for 20-30 minutes till hot and bubbly.

Enjoy!
Posted by Adrienne at 9:39 AM 1 Sharing My Joy
Labels: Chicken, Main Dishes, Quick and Easy
Monday, September 8, 2008
Chewy Apple Squares

This is a perfect way to use those apples that are coming into season. I have an apple tree with very tart apples that I don't care much to just eat, but I love to use them in this recipe. I have a 6 year old nephew that could not get enough of these when I made them. They are delish for the young and the old!

No comments: