Friday, December 5, 2008

Rice stitch scarf


This is a a super easy to make scarf that is really classic for fall. It is a Rice stitch which is now my new favorite stitch (It used to be a seed stitch). I made this scarf with a baby alpaca yarn but any chunky yarn will work. The key is to make this very long so that you can wrap it around your neck and still have some length to it. I made mine about 90″ long. I named it after one of my favorite clothing lines, because it seemed like it would be the perfect acessory for her clothes.
Eileen Scarf Pattern:
You will need 2-3 skeins of a chunky yarn with a guage of 3 stitches per inch on #11 US needles.
Cast on 22 stitches.
Pattern:
Row 1: K1, P1 across.
Row 2: Knit across.
Repeat pattern until you have your desired length, then add fringe into every other stitch all the way around the scarf. You will need about 1/4 of a skein for the fringe.

No comments: