Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Whole wheat flour totrillas


This is another recipe from my friend Kelly. The tortillas are really good! We used them for quesidillas, wraps and as treat warmed then slathered in butter and cinnamon sugar and rolled up! (My boys LOVED that!) The first time I made them I did not have the Demarle Roul'pat (non stick mat) and it was a MESS!! I ended up just throwing the dough in the garbage in frustration. So get something--Kelly uses a cloth that she got at the Bosch store.. I didn't have the best luck with that--it moved around too much on the countertop. Anyway, here is my tips:


*Use a nonstick mat when rolling out
*Roll them out very thin!
*Do not overcook!!

Other than that they are easy and no fail!!




Whole Wheat Flour Tortillas
submitted by Melanie


3 cups whole
1 tsp salt
1 cup hot water
1/3 cup oil (I used canola)
Mix all ingredients thoroughly in mixer. Remove from mixing bowl and knead on countertop until smooth (add a little white flour if the dough is too sticky). Divide the dough into 12 balls, and let rest (covered) for 15 minutes. Roll each ball into a very think circle. HEat a heavy skillet (ungreased) to medium high heat. Cook tortillas until brown flecks appear, about 30 seconds each side. (Adjust heat accordingly) Use immediately, or wrap in plastic or place in a airtight container to refrigerate or freeze. To warm, wrap in damp paper towels and microwave 15-20 seconds

No comments: